Year Built: c.1905
Address:725 Bellows Avenue Columbus, OH 43222
Bellows Avenue Elementary, built in 1905, opened at Sandusky Street and Bellows Avenue in 1905 with 13 rooms at a cost of $45,200 (the site cost $5,735) for 350 students and 11 teachers. Named for its location at Bellows Avenue, the school and street were named for George Bellows, Senior, the architect and father of George Bellows, the artist who was known for his urban realism as an Ash Can School artist. The school served students on the west side of the Scioto River who lived in the area from Town Street to Greenlawn Avenue. It is scheduled for demolition in 2023.