CityWalks Columbus Guided Tour Highlights
– Tour Duration: 90-minutes – walking & stopping
– Tour Route: approximately 1.5 miles
– Tours begin at Broad & High Streets at the Stephen Canneto Sculpture “Intersect” near 1 S. High
– Tours are held on Saturdays from May through October at 10 a.m. and once monthly at 7:30 p.m.
– Stories of Columbus’ immigrant roots, natural disasters, and famous people
Columbus downtown buildings range in style from Beaux Arts to Gothic, Art Moderne to Greek Revival, Italianate to Arts and Crafts. Woven throughout the monumental and symbolic government and bank buildings, and the tucked-away architectural gems and outstanding public art pieces, are the stories of Columbus’ immigrant roots, natural disasters, and famous residents. This tour is ideal for Columbus visitors and residents alike!
Tour is outside and focuses on building exteriors, however please bring your ID for possible entrance and quick visit to the Ohio Statehouse. Key tour features may include Huntington Bank Building, Wyandotte Building, LeVeque Tower, Palace Theatre, City Hall, Broad Street Bridge over the Scioto River, Ohio Judicial Center (Ohio Supreme Court), Vern Riffe Center for Government & the Arts, Lazarus Department Store, Beggs Building, Ohio Theatre, Ohio Statehouse and grounds, Bricker & Eckler, Columbus Dispatch buildings (old and new), Trinity Episcopal Church, Rhodes Tower, Pearl Alley, and 8 on the Square.
Parking is available at metered spaces on Broad Street adjacent to the starting point or in the Statehouse Parking Garage and other area garages and lots. There is also a COGO Bike Share next to the starting point and the free COTA C-Bus stops nearby.